It’s the peak of the holiday season and everyone likes to host people over. If you want to impress, this is the time to add a festive touch to your favorite cocktails. And what better way to celebrate than giving the popular Gin and Tonic a Christmassy twist?
This delightful concoction combines the refreshing flavors of cranberry and pomegranate with the crispness of gin and tonic water. For this recipe I will be using Vovis Dry Gin since the tasting notes include cinnamon, star anise and orange peel, which bold well with this cocktail. So, let’s dive into the recipe and get ready to spread some holiday cheer!
To make this Christmas-inspired gin and tonic, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 1 oz Cranberry Juice
- 1 oz Pomegranate Juice
- 3 oz Vovis Dry Gin
- Plenty of Ice
- 4 oz Good Tonic Water (Fever Tree or Fentinaman’s)
- Cranberries or cinnamon stick, to garnish
Now that we have all the ingredients ready, let’s dive into the step-by-step process of making this festive cocktail:
- Fill a glass with ice cubes. The more, the merrier!
- Pour in 1 oz of cranberry juice. This will give your drink a beautiful red hue, reminiscent of Santa’s suit.
- Add 1 oz of pomegranate juice to enhance the fruity flavors and add a touch of sweetness.
- Time to bring in the star of the show – 3 oz of Vovis Dry gin, Malta’s finest gin.
- Give the mixture a gentle stir, allowing the flavors to mingle and dance together.
- Now, it’s time to add 4 oz of tonic water. This will give your drink the perfect fizzy kick.
- Garnish with a few cranberries on top. Not only will they make your drink look festive, but they also add a burst of flavor.
- Take a moment to admire your creation, then give it a quick taste test. Adjust the flavors if needed.
- Now, sit back, relax, and enjoy your Christmassy Gin and Tonic. Cheers to a jolly holiday season!
With its vibrant colors and refreshing flavors, the Christmas Gin and Tonic is the perfect drink to celebrate the holiday season. Whether you’re hosting a festive gathering or simply want to add a touch of merriment to your evenings (and forget you have hyper-active kids), this cocktail is sure to impress.
Feel free to experiment with different garnishes, such as a sprig of rosemary or a twist of orange peel, to add your own personal touch. And remember, the most important ingredient in any cocktail is the company you share it with.
So, gather your loved ones, raise a glass, and toast to the joy and magic of the holiday season. Cheers!
For more recipes and booze-related posts check out our Taste-This segment in our portal.