Nestled by the marina in Cospicua, Mykonos is a charming Greek restaurant that transports diners to Greece with its vibrant flavors, warm hospitality, and a captivating Mediterranean ambiance. This review article explores the delectable journey that Mykonos offers, showcasing the restaurant’s mouth-watering Greek cuisine, friendly atmosphere, and its dedication to providing an authentic Greek dining experience.
Upon entering Mykonos, one is instantly immersed in a Mediterranean atmosphere. From the soothing Greek music playing in the background to the stunning views of the harbor, the restaurant transports patrons to a Greek coulinary journey.
The outdoor seating area provides a particularly enchanting experience, and is my recomended seating area (unless its 35 degrees out). Here kids can play freely and you can bring with you your four legged friends. It overlooks the marina, and is the ideal setting for a romantic dinner or a relaxing lunch.
The heart and soul of Mykonos lie in its authentic Greek cuisine. The menu offers a wide variety of dishes, catering to both meat and seafood enthusiasts, as well as vegetarians. Here are some of the standout items:
- Moussaka: Mykonos’ moussaka is a delicious interpretation of the classic Greek dish. Layers of eggplant, minced meat, and creamy béchamel sauce come together in a harmonious blend of flavors and textures. The vegetarian variant of this dish (served here) was out of this world.
- Souvlaki: The souvlaki at Mykonos is a revelation, featuring perfectly marinated and grilled skewers of tender, flavorful meat or vegetables.
- Fresh Seafood: As a restaurant situated by the sea, Mykonos takes full advantage of its location with an impressive selection of fresh seafood. Whether you opt for the succulent grilled octopus or a delightful seafood pasta, you won’t be disappointed.
- Meze: Greek meze dishes are small, flavorful plates designed for sharing and are an integral part of Greek dining. Items like Dips, Dolmades, Spanakopita, Keftedes, Saganaki, Feta Cheese, and much more. I have tried most of the meze menu here, and was never disappointed to be honest. Perhaps my favorite Meze dish is kolokithokeftedes which are simply to die for.
- Desserts: Always finish your meal with a sweet note. At Mykonos you can go for the traditional way and savor the rich and decadent baklava or else you can try my personal favorite, the portokalopita.
What truly sets Mykonos apart is its warm and welcoming staff. The waitstaff and management take pride in offering attentive, friendly, and informative service. They’re more than happy to explain dishes, suggest wine pairings, or share a story about Greece, cause yes most of the staff is Greek, which keeps adding to that authenticity.
The combination of genuine Greek hospitality and the serene ambiance makes diners feel like cherished guests in someone’s home and not just another restaurant. It’s evident that the team at Mykonos is passionate about sharing the Greek culture and culinary traditions with their patrons.
Mykonos is more than just a dining experience; it’s a journey through Greek gastronomy. The authentic Greek cuisine, ambiance, and friendly service make this restaurant a must-visit for those in search of a Mediterranean culinary adventure in the heart of Malta. Whether you’re craving moussaka, fresh seafood, or simply an escape to the Greek islands, Mykonos delivers an unforgettable experience.